Marcus Uniforms

Consumer Info

[flashvideo file= /]

Q: Why should I engage a member of the MPA?

A: Your home is generally your most valuable asset, so who are you letting into your home? Unfortunately, there is no licensing of painting contractors in Victoria or Tasmania, unlike in other parts of the country. So by using a member of the MPA you will have peace of mind that the contractor will:

  • have current public liability insurance
  • abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics.
  • meet the Association’s membership criteria – see under Membership

If you have already chosen your painter, why not give the MPA a call to check if they’re a member. If you’re still looking, let us assist you by providing a referral and contact details of some members in your area. Click here to send us your request.

Q: What is an EnviroPainter?

Enviro Painter

A: An EnviroPainter is a Member of the MPA who has successfully completed training in (22002VIC) Sustainable Painting Practices  which provides a background on the principles of sustainable painting practices and how these can be applied to the painting and decorating industry while protecting and preserving the environment. If you would like to know more about more about Sustainable Painting Practices please see the brochure.

EnviroPainter“® is a nationally registered trademark of Master Painters Australia.

Q: Have you considered the need for a Lead Risk Assessment on your home?

A: Paint containing lead was used in many Australian houses. Houses built before 1970 are most at risk, but those built more recently may also have paint containing lead in some areas. For all projects where lead paint may be present, we recommend that you use a registered member of the MPA who are accredited in Lead Paint Management. Click here to send us your request.