Criteria & Qualifications
When applying for membership of the MPA (Vic/Tas), you must supply:
- Proof of trade qualifications- Cert 111 Painting & Decorating (or equivalent years’ industry experience)
- Proof of current public liability insurance
- Written references from past clients and a supplier
- Company Registration certificate
- Recent Quotation
- Photo ID
- Copy of White Card/Red Card
- Proof of training attended and/or tickets
We take into account, quality of workmanship, your insurances, years of service, qualifications, trade credit rating, information provided from your referees, painting disputes, any other membership or accreditations. Also the key criteria such as Australian Standard 2311:2017, MPA Code of Ethics, and the Industry Standard for the Surface Coating Industry.
All membership applications are submitted to the membership committee for evaluation, following a thorough check of all references. Once an application has been approved by the membership committee, it is then submitted to the Board of Directors for final approval. This process can take up to one month. Members are then classed as ‘probationary’ for the first three months.
To join, goto http://www.mpav.com.au/membership/join-now/