Board & Committees
Bob De Groot
Bob De Groot Painting Services
0419 002 321
VICE PRESIDENTMatthew PauliRudi’s Painting Service0418 177 081
McRyan Master Painters & Decorators
0418 365 236
Living Colours Painting & Paperhanging
0417 783 126
MPAV/FTAA Strategic Plan
The strategic plan for the Master Painters Association and Finishing Trades Association has been developed through a series of consultative processes involving staff and the Board of Directors.
This document contains the mission and vision for our organisation. The Key Result Areas set the general direction for this agency over the next three to five years.
The strategic plan should be read in conjunction with the MPA,s Code of Ethics.
The Board of Directors follow standard governance procedures that separate the role and function of the Board and the staff.
This document will be formally reviewed every year. Annual changes are expected to maintain the evolutionary focus of the strategic plan.
The Master Painters Association and Finishing Trades Association will provide a service to our industry members and consumers to the fullest extent.
We place a high value on…
# Recognition of the dignity, integrity and the rights of the individual
# Excellence in all aspects of our work
# Staff commitment and support
# Accountability to all stakeholders
# Visibility and interaction/involvement with the community
# Co-operation with other industry providers
The community regards the Master Painters Association and Finishing Trades Association as the preferred provider of painting and decorating services.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs)
Members receive high quality information and service.
Key Performance Indicators are:
1. Quality membership is maintained.
2. Recommendations to the board for the maintenance of existing and
additional services are based on sound research.
3. A range of small and large contractors will enable quality to be
4. There is the appointment and retention of quality staff.
The business infrastructure supports the ongoing and long term viability of the association.
Key Performance Indicators are:
1. Cost management delivers business efficiencies for members.
2. Service development growth is linked with financial growth.
3. New and alternate sources of funding are identified and as appropriate, pursued.
(a) Training funds
(b) Increase sponsors
4. Cash reserves are used to generate financial and service viability and sustainability.
5. The business viability of individual program/functions is maintained.
6. There is a culture of quality in all aspects of the association’s activities both in operational and governance.
7. The board receives soundly researched and considered advice on issues of structure and governance.
8. There is a whole of approach in all planning for facilities and business development.
The industry views our service as a high integrity, quality provider to the surface coating industry.
Key Performance Indicators are:-
1. The industry is aware of our competencies and range of services.
(a) support is available if not provided by the MPA
2. Member perception is evaluated and actions taken to make relevant improvements.
3. Member services are easily accessible.
4. A strong sense of ownership facilitates member participation.
Reviewed Every January