Inspection Service- Victoria
If you are currently having a dispute with a painting contractor, or have had paint work completed recently and are not satisfied, you may require a painting inspection.
This service is extremely beneficial if you plan to take your matter to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), formerly know as the Small Claims Tribunal.
You then represent yourself with the case being heard by an adjudicator. A minimum fee of $880 per day will be payable upfront if the Inspector is required to attend VCAT.
A report from the Master Painters Association outlining possible painting defects may help your case. Our fee strats from $770.00* for this service is extremely competitive and our inspectors carry the following qualifications:
- 40 to 50 years trade experience in the painting industry
- Certificate III in General Construction (Painting & Decorating)
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training
- Past President of Master Painters Association of Victoria Ltd
- Life member of Master Painters Association
- Conducted conciliations and arbitration for the painting industry
- Lectured at seminars in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne College of Decoration
When paint inspections are being carried out, the scope of works, the Guide to Standard and Tolerances, the Industry standard for the Surface Coating industry are also used in conjunction with AS/2311:2017 Guide to Painting of Buildings when compiling the report.
*Nominal fee for basic domestic homes in the metropolitan areas. This fee will increase for painting works over a certain value and/or travel to regional areas.